Tuesday, March 29, 2005

til tuesday

i walked from my end of the village on greenwich ave all the way to ave b without having to wear my beloved black wool coat.

spring may have sprung.

3 hours later, my head high, wearing but a light jacket, i began strolling back across from the east to the west village. on this one free tuesday. on 6th street. and i found myself standing in front of something i never thought i'd face again. my past.

5 years - 6 states - about 600 miles have all gone by.

and there stands a ghost. one of those people i never thought i'd see again. half-hoped, whole-hoped, i'd never see again. but there they are. in MY world. the world i'd almost convinced myself i'd created.

until this tuesday.

and then i remember. that all of those things and people and experiences are real. they happened. and, in some way, are still happening. they still exist. somewhere. sometimes just around the corner from me. right here in the village.

i gained my composure. i was clever. witty even. we caught up. sort of. and my hair looked good. so it could've been worse.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Website Counter
Counter