Wednesday, April 27, 2005

amen

i had one of those phone calls with my sister today where she fauxed interest and understanding in my life only to doorknob me with some family drama that i'm about 500 miles away from and therefore have no way of really doing anything about.

i, as usual, dispensed my canned psycho-analysis of the family's current situation even though i'm far away. and walking out the door. and trying to hang up the phone.

as i walked across washington square park to meet a friend and head up to a party at spin magazine, i passed a man on a cell phone. he seemed to be echoing my sentiments at that exact moment as i overheard him insisting: "you know what? as much as i love you guys, i prefer to be where i am."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Website Counter
Counter